Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Quoting The Godfather

The Godfather trilogy is officially my favourite movie of all time, with Pulp fiction a very close second (fourth?). I list below some of the memorable dialouges from all three Godfather movies. Dialouge from Pulp Fiction if reproduced might turn this blog into an X rated website, so I'll just list the few decent ones.  

The Godfather
"I have a sentimental weakness for my children and I spoil them, as you can see. They talk when they should be listening."
Don Corleone to Sollozzo referring to Sonny


"Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But uh, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day."
Don Corleone to Bonasera


"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
Don Corleone to Johnny Fontane about Woltz


"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again."
Don Corleone to Sonny


"Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."
Michael to Fredo




The Godfather: Part 2
Michael Corleone: There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.


Michael Corleone: I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies.

 The Godfather: Part 3 
"Times change. These days, we learn from the philanthropists like the Rockefellers. First you rob everybody, then you give to the poor."
Michael to B.J. Harrison


"When they come, they'll come at what you love."
Michael to Vincent


"Don't overestimate the power of forgiveness."
Michael to the Archbishop


"Never hate your enemies -- it effects your judgement."
Michael to Vincent


"Politics and crime -- they're the same thing."
Michael to Tommasino


"The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends."
Altobello to Vincent


"Nephew, from this moment forward, call yourself Vincent Corleone."
Michael transferring his power to Vincent


Don Lucchesi: Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.


Mary Corleone: I'll always love you.
Vincent Mancini-Corleone: Love somebody else.

Real power can't be given. It must be taken.



Pulp Fiction
Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.


Jules: If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.


Fabienne: Whose motorcycle is this?
Butch: It's a chopper, baby.
Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?
Butch: It's Zed's.
Fabienne: Who's Zed?
Butch: Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead

No comments:

Post a Comment