Thursday, July 15, 2010

Look East Policy

I love Japanese food. No, I love sashimi and teppanyaki. I don’t fancy teriyaki, it’s a little to sweet for my liking. The udons and noodles … well I’m not such an adventurous eater so I didn’t really indulge in them so I wont know if I like them or not. One thing I know I don’t like about Japanese food is that egg-gy, sweet-ish dish, I don’t know what it’s called.

Anyway, I shall list my top few favourite Japanese eateries.  

Kogetsu @ Saujana
Top of my list. The dishes I order regularly (read: salmon & tako sashimi & beef teppanyaki, garlic fried rice, ebi tempura) never disappoints. The variety of beef types almost resembles that of a steakhouse. The ambience is nice, warm and ummm probably very Japanese. Prices are very Japanese too.

Tykoh Inagiku, @ Menara Keck Seng
I have known this place since I was a young boy, when they were still in Kompleks Antarabangsa. Now I’m a big boy and they have moved to Menara Keck Seng, I still know them. I don’t think they know me but it was them who introduced me to Prawn Teppanyaki with Japanese mayonnaise. It is a must order whenever I go there. No other place makes it as good as them.

Rakuzen (SS15 Subang, Empire, Plaza Damas & Chulan Square)
Whenever it is a chain of restaurants, I tend to dispute their quality. I can’t comment on the other outlets but the one in SS15 Subang is up to my standards but prior reservation is highly recommended.

Miyako @ Grand Dorsett Subang (fka Sheraton Towers)
I like this place. My regular dishes are not as good as the ones in Kogetsu or Tykoh Inagiku but it is definitely not horrible and good value for money, especially the “menu buffets”. The staff is friendly.

Kampachi (Equatorial & Pavilion)
Been there a few times, it was ok …

Genji @ Hilton PJ
I went there once and I wasn’t really happy. Maybe because it was too soon after a satisfying meal at Tykoh Inagiku but I remember telling myself as I walked to the car parked under the flyover that I won’t miss this place …

My comments on the food at these places only cover my regular dishes. So unless you share my taste, these “reviews” is probably totally useless …

2 comments:

  1. I had a nice date with someone at Kampachi, it was lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love salmon!!! and have been eating it 3 days in a row at pullman, putrajaya... but my heart crashed when i learned that salmon is fattening.. :( :(

    ReplyDelete